A sequel to Chancey of the Maury River, this heart-tugging story focuses on Macadoo – the gentle giant of the Maury River Stables. Read more.
Based on true events, this powerful novel illuminates a little known corner of American history as it honors the extraordinary will of one man. Read more.
- 2013 Jefferson Cup Honor Book
- 2013 Library of Virginia People’s Choice Fiction Award
- Fall 2012, SIBA Okra Pick
- 2012 CYBILS Award nominee, young adult fiction
- Bank Street College Children’s Book Committee, 2013 Best Children's Books of the Year
A journey to self-discovery, a family's bonds tested, a forest enchanted with memories. Read more.
- Bank Street College Children’s Book Committee 2010 Best Children's Books of the Year, Outstanding Merit
- Voice of Youth Advocates 2009 Editor’s Choice
An ode to the solace of family, the mercy of strangers, and the healing power of hope. Read more.
- New York Public Library Books for the Teen Age
- Voice of Youth Advocates Review Editor's Choice
- BookSense Summer Pick
- Southern Independent Bookseller's Alliance Book Award, Children's Nominee
Told through Chancey’s eyes in the classic literary tradition of great horse stories, here is an entrancing equine tale about bravery, destiny, and hope -- and about sharing the magic of a second chance. Read more.
- William Allen White Masters List, grades 3-5
- 2009 SIBA Book Award, nominee
- 2008 New Voices Pick, Association of Booksellers for Children
Breakfast on Mars and 37 Other Delectable EssaysYour favorite authors take a stab at the dreaded essay assignment! Editors: Rebecca Stern & Brad Wolfe. Read more.
For books and authors I love, click here!